Men, women, and relationships
Myth: Men want casual sex and women want commitment
Reality: Most men and women enjoy sex, and they agree it’s most enjoyable in a relationship. Some men and women prefer casual sex. When it comes to the kinds of sex they enjoy (connecting, intimate) and with whom (relationship partner) it’s actually far more similar than different. If that’s the case, why does it always seem a woman wants commitment?
First, a study was done in 2010 that showed 80% of women faked orgasms during vaginal sex half the time. A study in a smaller group found that 25% of women faked in 90% of the time. Men, on the other hand, have orgasms 95% of the time.
Men (even in committed relationships) can be pretty sensitive about their skills and (if a woman is brave enough to risk a man-pout) our instructions can go in one ear and out the other. One-night stand situations aren’t typically about pleasing the other person. Casual sex just doesn’t sound fun if we have a better chance of getting knocked up or a STD than having an orgasm.
Myth: Men aren’t naturally monogamous and women are
Reality: Society wants women to restrict their sexual attraction to one guy at a time. In other words, a man with multiple sex partners is sowing oats, but a woman with multiple sex partners is a slut. In truth, women’s biology and personality are both well-suited to multiple partners (more so than men’s.)
Myth: Men cheat more than women
Reality: If you include second and third base as cheating, women do it just as much as men; however, if you only include home runs, men do cheat more than women.
Men, women, and porn
Myth: Women don’t watch porn
Reality: To some extent, watching porn is more of a guy thing because most porn is marketed towards men, however, now there’s more porn geared towards women and about 85% of women watch (or have watched) porn. Women respond equally to men when it comes to sexually explicit material.
Myth: Porn is catastrophic for a relationship
Reality: For couples, porn can be a positive thing. It can ignite passion and sexual interest, help initiate and instigate sex, and make it more exciting or adventurous. It can be used just like sex toys, erotic stories, role and fantasy play; however, porn (like so many other things) can be addictive. In other words, moderation is the key.
Sex (and semen) today will keep the doctor away.
For those who have one good reason why they don’t want to fuck, give them 10 reasons they should.
- When a woman has an orgasm, she releases an endorphin that kills pain (especially headaches)
- Sperm contains proteins that have the same anti-wrinkle effect as moisturizer
- When having sex, women produce higher amounts of estrogen which makes hair shine and skin smooth
- Gentle, relaxed lovemaking reduces your chances of suffering dermatitis, skin rashes and blemishes. The sweat produced cleanses the pores and makes your skin glow.
- Sex is an instant cure for mild depression. It releases endorphins into the bloodstream, producing a sense of euphoria and leaving you with a feeling of well-being.
- Kissing each day will keep the dentist away. Kissing encourages saliva to wash food from the teeth and lowers the level of the acid that causes decay, preventing plaque build-up.
- Semen contains zinc and calcium prevent tooth decay.
- A medical study conducted in Pennsylvania showed that people who have sex once or twice a week have their immune systems boosted slightly.
- A lot of sex can unblock a stuffy nose. Sex is a natural antihistamine. It can help combat asthma and hay fever.
- Sex is ten times more effective as a tranquilizer than Valium
If it doesn’t work for you, I’m all about wrinkle prevention, shiny hair, smooth, glowing skin, preventing tooth decay, and Valium!